Prof. Valerio Sanguigni - Cardiologist - University of Roma Tor Vergata
Curriculum Vitae Prof. Valerio Sanguigni
- Born in Rome on 20th March 1959
- Degree in Medicine and Surgery with grades 110/110 and praise, 30/30 average, at the University of Rome "La Sapienza" (July 1983).
- Diploma in Cardiology Specialization with grades 70/70 and praise at the University of Rome "La Sapienza" (July 1987).
- University Researcher, winner of the competition for qualifications and examinations at the Department of Internal Medicine, Chair of Medical Pathology, of the University of Rome "Tor Vergata" (April 89).
- Full Time Hospice Assistant and Second Level Manager at the University of Medical Pathology and then Internal Medicine of Columbus Integrated Complex, a hospital facility within the University Tor Vergata in Rome. During this period he organized and directed the service for vascular diseases (August 1990 until June 2000, the year of extraordinary leave for study and scientific research).
- Professor Aggregate of the Faculty of Medicine of Tor Vergata University on Rector's appointment (May 2005).
- Italian EMEA (European Medicines Agency) appointed by AIFA (Italian Pharmaceutical Agency) (October 2008).
- In December 2009 he was awarded the Chairman of the Republic Knight of the Republic Knight.
He is an ordinary member of the following Scientific Societies:
Italian Society of Cardiology
Italian Society of Internal Medicine
Fellow of the American College of Angiology
Fellow of the European Society of Cardiology
Premium member of the American Heart Association
- ANVUR Scientific Research Publications and Research Projects (University and Research System Evaluation Agency).
- Reviewer of the following scientific journals:
European Heart Journal
American Journal of Cardiology
Journal of Thrombosis and Haemostasis.
The scientific activity is summarized in numerous communications personally presented at national and international conferences and in publications in major international scientific journals, related cardiovascular diseases.
- Particular attention has been paid to the study of pathogenetic mechanisms of atherosclerotic disease and cardiovascular aging by looking for new inflammatory mediators, oxidative stress markers and thrombosis.
- Some research has also been devoted to new therapeutic aspects of atherosclerotic diseases. Particular attention has been paid to pleiotropic aspects of statins, in vivo and in vitro studies, and in the study of antioxidant anti-hypertensive mechanisms.
Since 1989 he has been teaching on the following courses at the Faculty of Medicine of the University "Tor Vergata":
- Lectures for students of the Degree Course in Medicine and Surgery in Internal Medicine
- Lectures at the School of Specialization in Cardiology and the School of Specialization in Internal Medicine
- Lectures in Emergency Medicine and Internal Medicine at the Short Course in Nursing, Obstetrics and Podology.